We have had great success with adding a START HERE content area to our courses in Blackboard. The Start Here content area should list the steps needed to begin an online or hybrid course (Example Below). This document helps students that don’t read the opening announcement, are new to Blackboard, are new to an online or hybrid courses, and many other reasons. Here is a video on how to add this to your Blackboard course.
Welcome to OFT10 – Keyboarding on the Personal Computer!
This course officially starts on Jan 20th. Only “Course Information” Documents will be available before March 26th. You can prepare for this course by following the steps below.
1. If you are new to Blackboard please take the time to go through the Open SUNY Student Orientation. This orientation can be found on the “My Institution” or “Resources & Policies” pages.
2. Go into the “Course Info & Schedule” menu:
– Complete the “Academic Integrity Policy” – IMPORTANT!! This is a Mandatory assignment.
– Read through the “Course Information/Syllabus”
– Print the “Course Schedule”
3. Purchase your book
4. Add my email (*****@niagaracc.suny.edu) to your contacts list.
5. Add my phone number (614-****) to your cell phone.
6. Go into the “Learning Modules (Content)” menu and start work on the Icebreaker!
Note: Always check Course Announcements and your T-Wolves mail for information about this course. I will use email to send reminders and other important course information.