Blackboard has not created an attendance feature at this time. You have the choice to use the traditional gold roster to keep attendance or you can use an Excel spreadsheet or Google spreadsheet to keep attendance. I have created a Google spreadsheet with dates for M/W/F or T/Th classes that you can copy into a spreadsheet for this fall. Here is a link to the spreadsheet.
I would recommend creating a Google Spreadsheet that you can link to from within your Blackboard course.
Steps to creating an attendance sheet:
- Open the Google Spreadsheet with fall 2014 dates.
- Downloading the roster from Bb. Video on how to download student’s names.
- Create either a Excel spreadsheet or Google spreadsheet (videos below)
- Copy the dates from the Google spreadsheet I provided.
- If you are going to use an Excel Spreadsheet I would recommend that you upload the file to the content collect in Bb so you can access from any computer with Internet access. Video on how to upload a file to Content Collection.
- OR If you created a Google Spreadsheet you can create a link to the sheet within your course. Video on creating a web link.
For more Blackboard Resources click on the “Bb Learn Resources” Link at the top of this screen.